Saturday, August 30, 2008

Blessed Again!!




Many of you have already heard the news! We are expecting baby #10 in April! Doug and I are both very excited. The whole family is excited! We feel very honored that the Lord is blessing our home once again! Doug and I made the decision for me to quit school and work about a month ago. In the process of making that decision, Doug also felt the Lord changed his heart regarding how many children we should have. So... we may get that warrior's quiver yet!
It has been a very busy, crazy couple years. We both have re-evaluated things and feel the best thing we can do for our family is for me to stay home-full time! It has been a wonderful decision. I have felt like it has been a long vacation this month! We both regret it took so long. I have always felt Proverbs 31 and Titus 2 were clear to me where I needed to be and what was important, but finances are a real thing in this life. Doug has spent a lot of time in prayer and feels this is what we need to do. It is what our children need and what we feel is pleasing to the Lord for our family. It is a HUGE step in faith. We both are at peace that God will provide. God pays for what he orders. :) About a year ago, I asked Sis. Smith for some advice. She said "Teresa, live the life before your kids." I have thought about that sentence many times over the past year. I have thought "well, I don't have any sin in my life, I attend church faithfully,I am a faithful member of The Church of God, I live the life as I should," but...all year in the back of my mind, I wondered, is this busy life, with very little quantity, much less quality time with the kids what I want to show them and teach them. BUT, once again, finances were a concern. I admire Doug for making the decision he has. I feel like I am getting the good end of the deal! It has been neat to see how God is working in our family already this month! Wonderful changes! Doug and I are more in love than we have ever been, peace is coming over our children, one by one. DJ and Tim went to Tennessee's family camp this weekend. Bro Smith took DJ into the church tonight!!! How exciting is that! We are thrilled! Tim quit football 2 weeks ago because he felt like God was speaking to him about the influences he was around when at football practice! If you know Tim, you know he LOVES football! It was a big deal that he quit. He was telling me a couple nights ago that since he quit, he has had the opportunity to talk and witness to several kids at school. Please keep our family in your prayers. Our big gang is a work in progress for the Lord and we want to please Him more than anything! We appreciate your prayers!

We went to Missouri last month for DJ's graduation from basic training and AIT. It was very neat. Several of my siblings came to it. Of course, my parents did to! We are all very proud of him. It has been wonderful to have Josh home also. Angie and Josh flew in a couple days before we went to Missouri. He grew up and matured so much while he was there.

The Goodmans have moved here!!! We are VERY excited about that. It has been great to have them here! They are going to be an asset to the local church. We love them very much.

5 comments:

goodysgirlforever said...

Soooooo Awesome!!! It is great to be here to see all of this happening instead of just talking about it on the phone!! I can't wait to meet that sweet little girlie or that big strappin' boy!!!
I Love you.

goodysgirlforever said...

Sorry, somehow when I commented I lost your baby counter. My bad.

Vicki Smith said...

CONGRATULATIONS on #10!!! I feel like I'm acquainted with a real live celebrity! :-D I've known families with 9 kids, but never any with 10. You're the very first. I'm so happy for you guys.
Thanks for the call yesterday. It was nice to hear your voice.

Tammy K. said...

Thanks for finally updating. I like the new template.

Denise said...

Aww Sister Teresa your kids are growing up! look at my joey! awww.. i miss everyone! And DJ wow he looks really good in uniform!